The GaAs is produced by pulling crystals using LEC (Liquid Encapsulated Czochralsky) and VGF (Vertical Gradient Freeze) method. These methods allow to produce polycrystal as well as monocrystal.
The polycrystalline ingots are made in the diameter up to 6″ and the thickness of the product is set according to the customer’s requirement.
Our portfolio offers also monocrystalline ingots doped with various elements (Si, Cr, Zn, Sn, Te), from which the wafers are cut. The diameter of the ingots as well as of the polished wafers is 2″, 3″ and 4″ and the thickness of the product is adapted in regard of customer’s need. The GaAs wafers in 6N purity are used in micro- and opto-electronic industry.
In general the production of Gallium Arsenide includes:
- High and Low pressure pullers,
- pBN and High purity quartz crucibles,
- multiple annealing ingot treatment,
- precise grinding,
- horizontal and vertical sawing,
- edge rounding,
- double side lapping and etching,
- ultrasonic cleaning,
- chemo-mechanical polishing,
- final scrubbing,
- standard packing in cleanroom;